Peyton's Bathroom - Before
Peyton's Bathroom - Afterish (still a work in progress, but here's where it stands right now - SUCH an improvement!!!)
This is a view of one part of the basement - the tile in front of the sliding glass doors to the back yard and in the bar area is finished - we are really happy with how it turned out.
Here's the demo in the family room, kitchen, which continues into the hallway all the way back to the one-car garage.
Here's some of the new floors that are going in! Aren't they beautiful?!! SO happy to be rid of the old carpet and the 2" oak plan floor in the kitchen.
We tore down a half-wall that was strangely placed in addition to a portion of the existing wall to open up the hallway and the stairway to the basement.
...And here it is as it stands right now!! The wall needs to be repaired, balusters and railing installed, and paint...... Coming along though!
Although the construction is kind of stressful and a bit inconvenient, we are really excited about the changes! I'll try to post more as we progress.
7 comments:
now I dont have to take off my shoes :) Its beautiful - Im sooo impressed!
Looks good! We just finished our construction after being in the works for 5 long months. Hope yours goes by faster!
I can't believe you will be done in 2-3 weeks. How exciting! Everything looks so beautiful! I love how you already have candles and other decorations above the fireplace. I only have a few decorations up and I've lived here 2 years.
Did you guys do all the work yourselves? It looks so great! Can't wait till little Peyton Is home with you, using that great bathroom!
Wow!! That is ALOT of work you guys have been doing! It looks great!!!!
Thanks, everyone! More drastic changes have taken place since I posted these, but I'll wait until everything is done, and then I'll put a slideshow together so that you can see the progression. We did not do any of this work by ourselves - we've run out of steam and just want it done, so we hired a contractor - his crew has been amazing!
The candles have been there - we just didn't undecorate that part of the house - if only you could see the rooms of the house that haven't been getting worked on - a complete disaster. For those of you who may have OCD like me (he he he), you know that it is driving me bananas!!!!!
We're having fun though, and we are excited that the end is growing closer so that we can start enjoying it!!
I LOVE the changes you make. The house looks amazing. Good job you guys on all of your hard work!
Post a Comment