Monday, April 6, 2009

We Painted the Baby's Room!!

Darren and I finally cleared Peyton's room out (no more footall room!!!) and painted it on Sunday morning. It's really pink right now!!! Kind of looks like a pepto-bismol bottle threw up all over the walls, but it's just because the rest of our house has the brown tones, so the pink is a little silly looking to me right now! BUT - it is going to look amazing once we get the furniture, bedding, and decorations all put up. We are going to decorate it in pink, brown, olive green, and white - I'm going to add eggplant to the mix now too. Wish me luck in finding bedding and accessories with all of those colors! We looked this weekend and found some that were just okay - we're going to have to continue the search until we find the PERFECT thing. Good thing we have a year to keep searching!

In addition to painting, we picked out furniture for the room. The crib is on order, but the dresser was in stock. It feels so strange that we are actually preparing her room! We are both so excited that it's getting close enough that we feel like we can get excited.

You should have seen Darren when we started painting - he was so excited to put the first stripe of paint on the wall. It was cute........ I love him! Although, I did ruin "the moment" by copping a bit of an attitude when my tape job started lifting before I had time to seal it with paint for that perfect line around the trim work. I got over it and made up so that we could have a good time painting our daughter's room. We can't wait for her to be part of our family!!

6 comments:

blackfamilyarizona said...

Yay! Yay! I can't wait either!!! you should post pictures of the pepto pink! Like a before picture...

Jamie said...

That is so exciting! Decorating the nursery is one of my favorite parts! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product. I'm sure it will look great! I love the colors you chose, they look so good together. It is close to your blog background then, right. How old will Peyton be when you get her?

Holly said...

pictures???? Ill just come see it tomorrow - can't wait!!!

April said...

yay! Are you going to post before and after pics of the room? or is it too late now?

Ostler said...

That is so fun Karen I can't wait to see pictures of Peyton's room. I love the colors.

Lori DeAlva said...

Pictures please...