Tuesday, January 13, 2009

God's Precious Creations

Many of you know that our cats are like our kids, and some days I am just astonished by the fact that God created such precious things as animals. All they want is to be loved. Our youngest cat, Riley, was diagnosed with CRF (Chronic Renal Failure) a couple of weeks before Christmas in 2007. We have to administer fluids through an IV every couple of days. He hates it, and I don't think he'll ever get used to it, but some nights when we have to do it, he reacts in a way that just melts my heart.

We have to close the doors to our bedroom on the nights we are going to administer fluids; otherwise, he hides underneath our bed, where we can't get to him. This evening, Darren closed the doors when he noticed that he wasn't "on guard." He always knows what it means when the doors close. Usually he runs to find a good hiding place somewhere in our basement. Well, this evening, I was sitting on the couch, and there was a blanket next to me. He ran over to the couch and snuggled up inside of the blanket and huddled up like a ball - he thought Darren couldn't see him - like he found the perfect hiding place. It was so cute. Of course, it was not a good hiding place. When I picked him up, he let out the most pathetic meow and then made a noise that sounded like a squeak! Poor little baby....

Now that we're finished with the "torture," he's snuggled up next to me here on the couch on his portion of the blanket - just sleeping. Every now and then he'll look at me with those precious baby blue eyes that make me melt, and then he snuggles back up and goes back to sleep.

I thank God every day for him and for our other kitty, Berkley. I have such a soft spot for animals - and I can't stand it when people won't take the time to understand them.

Say a little prayer for all of those animals out there who don't have good homes or who are abused. They don't deserve to be treated so poorly. I know that God has a special place for them in Heaven, but it is my prayer that while they are here on Earth that they have the best lives possible.

No comments: