I would too! I can't believe how long I've let my blog go without an update... I don't have a ton of time to update with any pictures, but thought I'd at least get a new post out there.
We had a really nice Christmas and a very low-key New Year - just the way we like it! We went to Darren's sister's house (Deanna) for our traditional family get-together. Every other year, we have it on the 23rd, which we consider Christmas Eve when Deanna doesn't have the kids on the real Christmas Eve, but she does a really great job of making it seem just like it is! I love spending time at her house - we always have such a great time with her and her family. It's so hard to believe that this is Regan's last year at home and that Chase gets his driving permit this year. They grow up SO fast! Deanna made her traditional Christmas soup - it is sooooooooo good. It's a sausage and cheese tortellini soup that I die for every year. We do that with a nummy salad and garlic bread. I just love it. She also made her traditional breakfast casserole for Christmas morning (which was actually Christmas Eve morning), and then we went shopping to assist Regan in spending all of the money she got for Christmas! I don't think Chase spent a dime. Oh! And then we ate at Hooters for lunch. Who doesn't eat at Hooters on Christmas Eve?!!! LOL!!
Anyhow, we came back home on Christmas Eve and attended the 5:30 church service and had Christmas morning to ourselves with the kitties! It was really nice to be at home. We made Christmas pancakes - they were really special - Bisquick shake and pour!!! But they are really good and not a lot of mess!!! Then we went to Harry and Shawna's house for Christmas dinner. We gave our goddaughters, Ashley and Brooke, gifts that they already had - bummer for them! I felt so bad, so we are going to have to take them shopping to get them something else. After dinner and playing with the girls, we left them at home with their grandma and grandpa and went to see Four Christmases with Harry & Shawna. Really cute movie. I would recommend it!
New Year's Eve was fun - we were invited to our friends, Fran and Michel's house (we met them through kickball this year - they have a beautiful little girl named Soli, who was adopted from China a couple of years ago). They do this thing where they choose a different country each year to ring in the New Year. This year they chose Greece. We rang in the new year at 4:00, and we were the last ones to leave the party around 9:00 - it was awesome! All of their friends have kids too (I think we were the only ones there without kids), so everyone could get home early enough to get their kids to bed and do whatever else they wanted to do to ring in the new year! I chose to snooze right through it on the couch, and amazingly, Darren was still awake. He woke me up to let me know I missed it. I was so bummed.........just kidding! We rang it in with Greece, and that was good enough for me! I also watched the ball drop on ESPN at 10:00 MST while we waited for some crazy dude to do a motorcycle stunt in Vegas.
Now you're up to date on how we spent our holiday season!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE your title. It totally got me to rush right over here and read your post. Great Marketing skills, girl! I actually haven't read the post yet. I just wanted to comment on your title first! Can't wait to read the post! :)
Next yr you I will party w/ Darren, its like pulling teeth to get Tyson to stay up for the NEW York Ball drop!
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas and a great New Year's as well. I commend you for posting it, I am so behind and have way to much to catch up on but have been so busy. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. It is so fun keeping in touch!
It is so fun to hear about Deanna and her family. I haven't seen them for so many years.
I love the idea of having two Christmas Eve's. What a great way to enjoy the holiday longer. Bisquick pancakes are awesome.
I absolutely love your title, by the way. Great way to get me over here. :) In fact, I'm sure you noticed I stole your title. Hope you don't mind. ;)
Post a Comment