Our little angel is finally in our arms and we are SO in love with her!
We actually went to the orphanage to get her. We have never heard of this happening; although, we did not get to see where the children live. The orphanage itself and the grounds were very nice and we believe she was well taken care of. She cried when her nanny handed her to me. She did not want to come to me. When she was handed off to me her nanny said mama to her and made sure Peyton was watching. Then Peyton said mama. She kept reaching for her caregivers so they asked me to take her outside. Poor Darren hadn't even been able to really see her but these women were adamant so I walked her outside and she stopped crying.
Once we were outside she mouthed "me" and pointed to herself and then to one of the vans parked outside. We have since learned she is fascinated by all vehicles!
As we were walking around Darren did make it out and he was the lucky recipient of that beautiful smile of hers! By this time she had discovered her sippy cup of water and the cheerios and was also fascinated by them! You wil see in many of the pictures at the orphanage that she has it glued to her mouth!
The orphanage director was very kind and had a gift for us. They gave us a photo book of her (I cried as she proudly showed it to us), a Chinese keepsake, a DVD of the orphanage, some diapers and formula, a couple of outfits, and the contents of the care package we sent with the exception of the pajamas. She was wearing the little dress we sent and had a cute necklace on. She also had chipped red nail polish on her fingers!
Amidst all the chaos, we took her outside to walk the grounds, and a couple of Peyton's nannies came to give her kisses goodbye. We could tell that they really cared for her and that she cared for them. We feel blessed in that regard.
She is a smart little girl and already knows how to tell us what she wants! She was so sweet and alert in the van ride back to the hotel, pointing at all of the cars and buildings while cracking that beautiful smile of hers!
When we got back to the hotel she wanted more water, more cheerios and to look out of the windows and point at everything! She has already picked up on the sign for more and was introduced to the sign for please. More is her favorite so far because she has already learned it will get her more goldfish or cheerios!
She hasn't been interested in any of her toys yet. Just fascinated with her surroundings, her zippy cup, and food! We ventured to one of the hotel restaurants and she was SUCH a good girl! She took turns sitting on our laps and ate almost an entire bowl of pumpkin soup all by herself.
When we got back to the room we knew she needed a nap. Surprisingly she snuggled up into my chest and let me put her to sleep. D took a nap with her. She woke up after a half hour and started crying. I could tell she was scared and worried. She snuggled up to me and wouldn't let me put her down or give her to Darren for about an hour.
Now she is standing at the window again just pointing and smiling! More to come as we learn all about her!


8 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS... I am bawling again! I know you are shocked! :) I have not been able to stop thinking of you guys! We said a prayer at 6:00 last night when we knew you were leaving to get her. Sydney again prayed that she "wouldn't be too shy or scared" and it sounds like that prayer was answered. I could hardly sleep wondering how it was going and what you guys were doing, and couldn't wait to check the blog first thing!!
I am so thrilled at how loving it sounds like her caretakers were and at the gifts they gave you. Of course the greatest gift is PEYTON!! I love seeing the pics with her sippy cups. It's a good thing she has plenty of those waiting for her at home. HA!! We will keep praying for good health, a smooth transition, and safe travels. LOVE YOU GUYS!!
Ang
Karen. She is beauitful. I cried. I'm in love with her too !
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh how wonderful!! She is so incredibly beautiful and sweet! What a gift that you were able to go to the orphanage and were given so many gifts for her. That had to have been an incredible experience and how wonderful that she'll always have those gifts and know she was loved! Sounds like she is already starting to bond, and she's eating like a champ!! YEA!!! Rich and I are teary and sooo incredibly happy for you guys!
Cece
Awww- I read this post to Dan, and I was crying the whole time I was reading it! So sweet! I am so glad you guys have her now!! She is absolutely gorgeous!
I am so so happy for you guys!! She is a beautiful little girl and is lucky to have you guys. Good luck with everything!!
Karen - I am sooooooooo happy for you guys!!! She is absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet her!! We may have to come visit you sometime when you get home
I can't believe she is finally in your arms! What an amazing day! It sounds like she is doing surprisingly well to the adjustment and is such a doll!
I can't believe she cuddled up into your arms and wouldn't let go, so sweet!
You guys are going to make the best parents! We are all so happy for you!
I can't believe I missed this! I am SO, SO, SO happy; I am crying tears of joy for you. She looks wonderful and you look so happy :-)
So, so thrilled for all of you...
Post a Comment