Peyton is down for a nap, and I don't know if I will blog before we get home after this or not, but I will try to post an update as soon as we get home and will be blogging regularly so you can all watch Little P as she grows and develops!
Peyton woke up with va smile on her face again and wanted to snuggle with her mommy. She downed an entire bottle while we looked out the window at the city of Guangzhou for the last time.
Then we headed to breakfast for the last time here at the white Swan because Peyton told us she wanted to eat. She wasnt interested in her congee but tried bacon for the first time. She spit it out. She asked for bites of my bacon sandwich but spit out the bacon pieces. I tried giving her some bread folded like mine, but she still wanted mine, so we shared. Other than that, she had a dew bites of some tater tots Darren brought, and she was finished. Oh...she did drink apple juice though, and she realky liked it!
When we got back, I took her straight to the tub, and Peyton had another first. After I finished bathing her, she was playing and was crouched down. I had a feeling she was doing more than just playing. Sure enough...she pooped in the tub! I caught it fast enough and pulled her out in time to not have to give her another bath. I called for Darren to come in and see what his daughter had done, and we laughed. She just grinned at us. Darren said, "I guess this is daddy's job now, huh?" And he scooped the poop and cleaned the tub while I got Peyton's bum wiped and clothes on.
Darren distracted Peyton with a snack after that so I could shower. In the middle of the shower, she wandered into the bathroom and didn't want to leave, so I poked my head out to say hello, and Darren sat on the toilet lid and held her until I finished. As soon as I opened the curtain, she wanted me to hold her. So, I wrapped up in the towel and gave her hugs and kisses. Then I sat her down on the toilet lid, and she sat there and watched me finish getting ready. Then Darren took his shower, and we played in the room until we could tell she was bored, so we took her on a walk to one of the shops here in the hotel that Darren wanted to look at to possibly buy a souvenier from the upcoming Asian Games. While we were deciding, peyton walked out and pointed to the door of the playroom, so I took the room key from him and took her in while he finished looking. We sat down and played with some blocks and rode on a rocking Zebra, and then she was done and asked me to put my shoes back on and waved bye bye, meaning she was ready to go! We walked out the doors where all of the busses are parked, and she wanted to get on one, and then she wanted to ride in every car we walked past. I hope she doesn't ever go with a stranger over her fascination with getting on a bus or in a car and that she outgrows this phase soon! She is also getting better when we tell her no and isn't melting so badly. Hopefully she's learning we won't give in or put up with the fits.
We walked to the park, and she actually wanted to walk on her own again. Mommy's arms were thankful! She wandered through the whole park, and it is an interesting place to be, I'll tell you! There are women playing a domino kind of game, women okaying weird cards, groups of people dancing, groups of people singing, some practicing martial arts, and some playing the hackey sack-type game. You'll never see anything like it back home!
After the park, we went to Lucy's for our final meal there. Thank goodness. If I have to eat there one more time, I might barf. We ordered a bowl of noodles for Peyton since she seems to be losing interest in congee and has been showing more interest in the things we are eating.
She ate her noodles until our hamburgers came, and then she wanted what we were eating. She started with my fries and then started to eat just the bun from my burger, so I took the bread off and let her eat it, thinking the one bite of hamburger she took was an accident. She pointed at the burger patty, so I gave her a bite, and she proceeded to eat the entire thing! I had only taken a few bites and couldn't handle the texture, so I was going to waste it and just eat the fries. She thoroughly enjoyed it!
After lunch, we knew we needed to get her down for a nap since we travel late tonight. We pick up our visa packets from Jason at 5 pm, check out at 6 pm, and board a bus or van for the airport at 7 pm to catch a flight from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. Then, we stay overnight in Hong Kong and fly out tomorrow morning at 9:15. Peyton will become a US citizen when we land in Detroit! Then we connect there for our flight to Denver. Yippee!!!
Peyton has bern asleep for almost an hour now, and I hope she sleeps for another hour or two. She's such a doll, and we love being her parents. We feel so lucky and so blessed to have her in our lives.
Thank you all for following our journey, for all of your blog comments (so nice to hear from home even though I haven't had time to respond to all of them...I've read every one!), and for your love and support.
Hugs and kisses!
Love, Darren, Karen, and Peyton
1 comment:
Yay!! I have to say I have been confused on all the time zones, etc. But, I am SO glad you guys get to come home today! Haha- to the pooping in the tub! Zack did that himself also just last week! No fun! lol What an amazing journey and experience for all of you! The barbie is too cute! How special! Have a safe trip home! Thanks for all the updates you have posted!
Post a Comment