Peyton had another awesome day. She is proving to us just how happy of a little girl she is. Darren and I stay in bed with her until she falls asleep each night, and then she sleeps in her own big girl bed all by herself through the night and waits in bed for one of us to come get her. She sits there quietly, hanging on to the side rails until we come to her room. When we get there, she gives us that big smile and reaches up in excitement, usually asking immediately to take her to get something to eat. This morning, I set the alarm for 6:30, which is when I start checking in on her to make sure she isn’t in there very long after she wakes up without one of us going to get her. We have also been taking turns getting her out of bed, and Monday morning was Darren’s turn. He was out of bed, watching TV in the family room when the alarm went off, and I didn’t hear her, so I stayed in bed and listened to see if I could hear her making noises – the last few mornings, she has made noises to let us know she was awake. A few minutes later, I could hear her walking down the hallway – I hollered to Darren, asking if he had gotten Peyton out of bed. He told me he hadn’t gotten her up yet – next thing I knew, I saw her outside of our bedroom door. She had another first and slid out of bed to come find us! When she looked in and saw me sitting in bed, she reached her arms up and ran towards me with a huge smile on her face. It melted my heart and was the perfect way to start my day!
After daddy left for work, Peyton wanted me to sit with her while she played, but I had a huge list of things I wanted to accomplish, so we took turns – I played with her and then did a few things from my list. Finally, Peyton went into her creative play mode – one of my favorite things – not only because it allows me to get things done without her on my hip, but I love seeing her problem-solve and being creative. I found her sitting in and twirling around in the little play salon chair Mike and Heather gave her – she doesn’t quite like playing with any of her dolls in it, but she loves stacking things in it, and now she loves using it as a chair for herself! Check out the smile on her face! She was a ham for the camera. A little later, I found her with Darren’s crocs on with all of her kitchen things scattered everywhere. I didn’t even care – I figured we would clean it up later – she was having such a great time playing, and I just love that.
We left the house and ran a few errands. On our way to Nancy’s mom’s house, Peyton fell asleep and woke up with a huge indention in her cheek from sleeping with her head leaned up against her car seat straps. She played with Nancy while I started her mom’s perm. Darren stopped by to pick her up after he got off work, and she was so excited to see him! It warmed my heart to see her excited to see her daddy and wanting him to hold her. I walked with him to the car and helped him buckle her in – she was not happy to be leaving – as they drove away, she was crying while blowing me kisses and waving to me. It made me feel really bad to see her crying; yet, still waving and blowing kisses to me. Have I ever said how much I love that little angel?! I could just squeeze her! I love her SO much!
When I got home, Darren told me they had a great time together. He took her to McDonald’s. She wasn’t interested in eating, but she made sure he ate his french fries, particularly the ones he dropped on his lap. When they got home, she went straight to her play kitchen and started playing. She had kitchen stuff scattered everywhere and was laughing at herself and having the best time. Then, she got very serious when she pulled her hand out of her diaper and showed it to Darren as he was videotaping her fun. Darren’s reaction was hilarious – he was like, “Oh boy…that’s poop on your hand.” He said it was a major blow-out, and the faces she made cracked us both up. I’m so glad he got it all on tape! Well, he didn’t actually record the dirty diaper, but the faces she made after showing Darren her hand were priceless. He got her all cleaned up and informed me I needed to help wipe her a bit better because she wasn’t letting him do it. It was bath night anyhow, so I just took her straight to the tub.
We finished her bath, and she teased me on the bed while I tried to put her fresh diaper and p.j.’s on. I love her playful moods, beautiful smile, and adorable laugh! We asked her if she was ready for night night – she put the toy down she was playing with, did the sign for bed, and off we went to complete our bedtime routine! She’s sleeping soundly right now, and I can hear Berkley (our older kitty) snoring in the basked he’s sleeping in; Riley is curled up in my spot on the bed; and Darren is sawing logs too. So, I guess I’ll wrap up what I’m doing as well so I can get some sleep. 6:30 will be here before I am ready for it, and my little angel will be ready for me to pay lots and lots of attention to her!
5 comments:
What awesome stories you posted! The pictures are adorable! She is too cute!! She has adjusted so well, and so have you guys! I loved reading how you are thankful for..then listed things like finding random toys in places the next day! What a reminder for me too to count the little things as blessings! Thanks! =) Thanks for updating this blog!
Thanks, Christine! I'm glad you are still enjoying reading it. :-)
Oh my goodness, Karen! I finally took some time to catch up on you guys and Peyton is just blossoming! She is so, so cute! It sounds like things are going very well and I am so happy for you guys. Your love for Peyton really shines through and I love how you are discovering all the little things that makes motherhood so special. Hugs to you all!
Oh my goodness, Karen! I finally took some time to catch up on you guys and Peyton is just blossoming! She is so, so cute! It sounds like things are going very well and I am so happy for you guys. Your love for Peyton really shines through and I love how you are discovering all the little things that makes motherhood so special. Hugs to you all!
Thank you, Sandra! I really do adore her and think she is doing amazingly well. She is definitely meant to be our daughter. We could not be happier. Looks like she will be implanted in December as long as the MRI and CT go well in November.
Post a Comment