Thursday, October 21, 2010

Trying Thursday


Peyton just LOVES jewelry, and not necessarily the fake stuff; although, she'll play with it if there's nothing around, but if the real stuff is in sight, watch out!  I sat her on the counter top this morning, and my watch, ring, and bracelet happened to be sitting near her, and she quickly swiped them and put them on! 

After Darren went to work this morning, I started feeling a cold coming on.  My nose has been running like a faucet all day long; hence, my blog posting updates.  I haven't felt like doing anything at all, and I've been sneezing my head off. 

Peyton was being a pill earlier in the day and was crying hysterically on the floor outside the office (by the way, she walked on the shag rug several times today!), so I picked her up, and snuggled her up to my chest.  She laid her head down on my shoulder and fell asleep.  I think she needed a nap for sure because she had been whiney all morning long.  I let her sleep for a little over an hour, and when I woke her up, she totally was not ready to be awake, so we snuggled in the family room for a while, and I know she was wondering what I was doing with a tissue stuffed up my nose, but it was the only way I could deal with the runniness!  After she was more awake, she was in a great mood and played in the family room until Darren got home.

Shortly before Darren got home, Peyton, who is normally in just her shirt and diaper by this time of night, came walking down the hallway with her shoes on the wrong feet and my tennis shoes in her arms.  She wanted to go outside!  It was already dark and chilly, but I figured some fresh air might do us both some good, so I put her pants and an jacket on and took her for a walk down to the end of the street and back.  She was so dang excited to get out and walk that her little legs couldn't keep up with her excitement!

I called Darren and asked him to stop by Chick Fil-A to pick up dinner so I didn't have to cook.  I've felt worse and worse as the day has progressed.  We ate dinner and got Peyton ready for bed.  I wondered if we were in for it because of letting Peyton have a nap.  Sure enough, it took us an hour and-a-half to get her to sleep.  Definitely not worth the one-hour nap, especially since I feel like crap.  Could not have chosen a worse day to take ages to fall asleep.  I was miserable - I needed to take cold medicine, was thirsty, and horribly uncomfortable with a 3-year-old thrashing around her bed trying to fall asleep for 90 minutes while feeling absolutely terrible.  Oh, how I hope tomorrow is a better day!

No comments: