Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sick Mommy & Friday With Daddy

Peyton signing that she has to go potty, which now means she wants me to change her diaper and doesn't want to sit on the potty at all!  She has started hiding from me so I won't see her face she makes when she's pooping so I won't sit her on the potty to try.  Fun with potty-training!

One of Peyton's silly faces!  I just love her in this outfit! She looks so comfy and snuggly!

I woke up feeling awful on Friday morning - like I'd been hit by a great big truck.  I had an awful headache, and because I was so stuffy all night long, I had that dry, cotton mouth, and I did not want to drag myself out of bed.  After a few minutes, I heard the pitter-patter of Peyton's little feet trotting down the hallway - she got out of bed all by herself!  I love it when she does that - it's the cutest thing.  She gets SO excited when she sees one of us!  I felt really bad, but I knew Darren was awake watching television in the family room, so I stayed in bed and let her find him.  It makes Darren's day to see that sweet, smiling face every morning, especially when he gets to be the first one to see her.  He fed her some breakfast, and they hung out until she wanted something I can't recall right now, but it required Darren to come to the bedroom to find me.  She got so excited to see me, she reached out and had that big, beautiful smile on her face!  As awful as I felt, how can you resist something like that?!

Peyton carrying her lotion and "Buttpaste" around!

Turns out that the morning was the worst part of my day, and after I drugged up, I felt pretty good for the majority of the day.  I got my guest bathroom cleaned, all of the laundry caught up, and got some good play time in with my baby!  
 
At one point, I was doing something in the kitchen, and I heard her just laughing away at herself.  Wondering what was so funny, she came down the hallway throwing one of her little plastic play spoons.  I think she thought it was hilarious how far the spoon would travel on the wood floors when she threw it.  It was hilarious to see her laughing so hard at something so silly!  This game went on for about 20 minutes, and she really cracked up when the spoon landed in one of the plants.  

Another thing she just loves these days is sitting down in the family room to have a snack.  She'll pat the seat, indicating I should sit down, and then I'm instructed to turn the television on.  All of this cannot take place, however, unless we have snacks and drinks.  Snack of choice is usually a bag of Teddy Grahams.  That's her favorite snack right now.

Peyton has also started to insist on taking a bath in the mornings - I've been trying to do it in the evening so that mornings are easier, especially when she starts school, but since I had a photography workshop I was attending and it was a bath night, I went ahead and let her take her bath after lunchtime.  She got so excited!  She put all of her things - shampoo, conditioner, baby wash, toys, and cup - into the bathtub and had the best time playing.  I love that she's enjoying play time.  It's awesome to see her develop, and playing is something she simply did not know anything about when we first got her.

Darren got off early, and we met him at Rubios for dinner.  Then, I buckled her into her car seat, and Darren got into the driver's seat to take her home so I could go to my workshops.  When she realized I was not coming with her, the tears started flowing.  She was waving and blowing kisses to me through her crying and tears.  Rip my heart out, kid!  I felt horrible leaving her!  Darren said she cried for several minutes, but she was fine once they got home.  When they did get home, he let her play on his lap in the front seat of my truck.  It's another of her favorite things to do these days, and as long as I have time for it, I've been letting her do that.  

Darren and Peyton had a great time together, and I really enjoyed an evening to myself.  I finished around 8:30 and called to see if Peyton was sleeping.  Darren felt bad putting her to bed because she wasn't telling him she was tired, and they were having a great time, so he waited for me to get home, and we would put her to bed together.  I missed her SO much!  When I walked through the door, she was sitting at the table having a snack with Darren, and the minute she saw me, she got the BIGGEST smile on her face and could not get out of her chair fast enough to get to me.  Warmed my heart!  As soon as she was in my arms, she snuggled up to me and then told me she was ready for night night - she does this by doing the signs for toothbrush, sleep, and bed.  Love this kid!  So, we brushed teeth, looked at stars for only a moment, and then she turned her ladybug off, laid her head down, all snuggled up in between Darren and I, and was fast asleep in less than 5 minutes.  Now, that was one tired little girl!

Darren and I hung out for a while, and I was starting to feel crappy again, so I took some meds, and Darren went to bed.  I went in to check on Peyton before going to bed myself, and her face was in between her pillows, which worried me, so I moved her away from them so she wouldn't smother, and she woke up and started crying, so I laid down with her to put her back to sleep - next thing I knew, we were both waking up to Sunday morning together!  She thought it was pretty cool that she woke up to find me in her bed.  She smiled, instructed me to take off the blanket, and asked for breakfast!  Have I mentioned that I love this little girl?!  I could just squeeze her, she's so adorable!

No comments: