Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our Beautiful Daughter

I love being this beautiful little girl’s mommy! 

 

Here are a few things we adore about our daughter and that Darren and I love about being her parents.

 

·         Listening to her laugh, even though she can’t hear herself – just hearing it makes us smile

·         Seeing her beautiful, smiling face every morning – her smile is infectious, and there’s no better way to start the day!

·         Snuggling up and breathing her in – I love smelling her – she wants to snuggle in my arms EVERY morning and numerous times throughout the day – how did we get so lucky?

·         Lying in bed with her while she falls asleep – I love her gentle touch and the way she wants me and Darren to rub her leg, foot, or belly while she plays with her hair to fall asleep

·         Once she’s asleep, I love just watching her sleep – I find it hard to believe that she’s our little girl, and when she’s sleeping, I can take it all in and be amazed by how beautiful and precious she is

·         Finding stickers stuck to the bottom of daddy’s socks in the laundry

·         Finding random toys in random places throughout the house after bedtime or the next day

·         Seeing how her face lights up when she communicates what she wants and she gets what she is asking for because we understand her

·         The expressions she makes – there is wonder in her eyes when she wants to know something; joy in her eyes when she is happy; precious little tears in her beautiful eyes when she is sad.  She has a way of lighting up the room with her funny expressions, her beautiful smile, and her precious little laugh.

·         Her determination and strength

·         Seeing her eyes light up this evening when she saw her daddy and wanted him to hold her

·         Seeing the smile on her face when she reaches out for and wants to come to her mommy

·         Hearing the delight in her voice when she sees the kitties or is enjoying herself and whatever she is doing

·         The way she tells me what she wants or needs, even if she doesn’t know the sign for what she wants – she desperately wants to communicate and is very creative in expressing what she wants or needs.

·         The way she is learning to “help” around the house.  She wants to be wherever I am and is starting to help with chores.  One of her favorite things to do is hand me each piece of silverware from the dishwasher – my favorite part is that she tells me, “Thank You” in sign language each time she hands me a piece.

·         The way she tells us she is ready for bed – she does the sign for bed and shuts her eyes – her cute little hands against her face are so adorable, I could eat them up.  After doing stars, she tells us she’s ready to go to sleep by turning the ladybug off and lies her head down so she can go to sleep.  What kid does that?!

·         The way she doesn’t like messes (at least not ones she didn’t make) and how she wants to make me aware of things that are out of place so I can fix them or she can take something to the trash.

·         The way she teases me and Darren when she is getting her diaper changed and runs out of the room to see if we can catch her to get a fresh diaper back on.

·         How she gets excited to take a bath

·         How she signs “toothbrush” when we walk into the bathroom in the evening after pajamas are on

·         How she completes our lives and has shown us how having a child can bring so much joy into our lives and the lives of our family and friends

 

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that we are IN LOVE with this little girl, and our love for her grows with each passing day.  There are days we can’t believe someone abandoned her, but if she had not been abandoned, she would not be our daughter, so it is bitter sweet to think about.  We are so thankful for her – the last few nights, when we lie in her bed talking as she falls asleep, we talk about how amazing she is and how we are already starting to wonder what we ever did without her.  She is an amazing little angel.  God sure knew what he was doing by saving her for us!

 

 

 

2 comments:

The Oman Family said...

She really is so cute!!

Karen said...

Thank you, Anna! I am so glad you've been keeping up on all of my posts. I don't know how you do it with more than one. :-)