Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Another Poop Story




Peyton and I had a pretty uneventful day on Tuesday - we ran a few errands and worked on laundry and some minor house cleaning - it wasn't very productive, but oh well, huh?!  She played outside in the driveway for a while, and that was pretty much the highlight of the day on Tuesday!

Shortly before going to China, I found out I was going to be laid off after working at the same company for over 18 years.  It is turning out to be a blessing because I'm on adoption leave through the end of October, and I am still going to be on the payroll through the end of the year, receiving my severance package sometime in January.  So, technically, I am employed through the end of the year and will start looking for a new job then.  I am so thankful I get to stay home with Peyton for a few months to get her all settled in, started in preschool, through surgery, and hopefully started on speech therapy.

Anyhow, on Wednesday, I took her over to see the few people who remain in the office, and Peyton had a great time.  She was sweet, cute, and adorable.  She found a hairspray bottle at Julie's desk, and she let her keep it since it was nearly gone - it was funny.  She also found Julie's compact and was putting make-up on.  Before we ever made it into the building, however, we met Heather, Karen (my old boss), her husband, Mark, Jim, and Nancy outside - they were all on their way to lunch (except for Nancy).  As we visited, Peyton randomly started doing knuckles!  It gets the best smiles, and I just love that she does it out of the blue sometimes!  The other night, we were lying in bed, in the dark, while she was going to sleep, and she grabbed my hand, put it into a fist and pounded it against hers - she wanted to do knuckles in the dark!  Love this kid!!

It was good to see the few people who were there, and I'm glad Peyton was a good girl.  After that, Nancy and I went to lunch with Peyton and went on mommy's mission of finding some pictures for Peyton's playroom and bedroom.  I could NOT find what I was looking for - I don't even know what it is I'm looking for, but I know it will jump out at me when I see it.  I called my partner in crime when it comes to decorating (Darren's sister, Deanna), and she reminded me of Upper Case Living.  I am totally going to be going there to order some vinyl wall art for both spaces.  I picked up a treasure or two and headed home.

I drug the poor kid around town all day long, and she was such a trooper!  We got home pretty late - around 6:30, and Peyton wanted to take a bath (it was bath night anyhow), so I stripped her down and put her in the tub.  As the water was running, I walked down the short hallway to grab a towel, and when I got back, Peyton was making her "Icky" face and was trying to crawl out of the tub.  It wasn't good - there was poop everywhere.  I quickly pulled her out of the tub, remnants falling to the floor, and I was about to gag.  It was disgusting, and Darren wasn't home yet to help, so I grabbed all of my cleaning supplies and went to work!  I scooped the floaties into a trash bag with a plastic, disposable spoon (Rick, I probably could have used the "Debbie Spoon"!), drained the tub, washed my hands, and sprayed Scrubbing Bubbles everywhere.  Peyton was giggling at the scrubbing bubbles.  It was just hilarious to her!  I finally got the mess cleaned up, shampoo bottles, toys, tub, and surrounding areas sanitized and got her back into the tub.  I was totally concentrating on giving her a bath, and suddenly Darren was in the room.  Scared the crap out of me!  I told him what happened, and he said, "Did you take a picture?"  No, I did not take pictures.  Eeewwww!!  The worst part about all of it?  Right before I put her into the tub, she told me she had to go potty, so I put her on the potty, and nothing.....  You know the rest of the story....

After the pooping incident (I truly pray this doesn't happen again, but it probably will, right?), we had time to have dinner and put the baby to bed!  She had ramen noodles and LOVES them!  The day before, she had a runny nose and was sneezing and had a few coughs, so I made some for her.  She ate almost all of the broth and about half of the noodles, so she finished them off for dinner last night.  Her sniffles are getting better.

No comments: