Sunday, October 24, 2010

China Outfit & Making Halloween Candy!

This is Peyton in one of the cute outfits my mom bought for her.  She was okay with it at first, but she quickly let me know she wanted to take it off.  She didn't like how tight it was around her neck (and it wasn't even tight, but you'll see in the next picture how she was tugging at it).  Finally, you'll see part of the tantrum she threw when I wouldn't take it off.  Silly kid!



HALLOWEEN CANDY-MAKING!
Okay, so I was the candy-maker, and Peyton was the taste-tester!  We sure did have fun making Halloween candy while daddy started winterizing the yard though!

This is Peyton's famous "yucky" face that she makes.  In this case, she didn't like that some of the chocolate got on her hands while she was "testing" the quality of the chocolate!
 After I was finished using the green, I gave her the bowl and the spoon and let her have at it!
 What kid wouldn't smile like this after being given a bowl of chocolate to lick?!

 Uh-oh!  More chocolate on the hands!  ICKY!

Don't worry - my taste-tester did not double-dip - here's the proof - all of the spoons she went through to taste-test each color of chocolate!



Yes, she is trying to drink the rest, like she does with her cereal and soup. - the result?  Green chocolate in the hair, in the eyebrows, on the nose, and all over her mouth.  LOVE IT!!!


 Uh-oh!  You got it!  More icky chocolate on the fingers!  I just love the faces she makes! 


Before I cleaned her up, I thought I'd grab a mirror and show her what she looked like - she thought it was pretty funny! 
Voila!  Halloween candy!  I think they turned out pretty cute!

3 comments:

kuntrydad said...

Ooohhh Koool!! Peyton gets to be a real kid!! Messes and helping mom make things?? YES!!

Karen said...

Yep! Letting her be a real kid - she's washable, and so are her clothes, so she might as well have fun! Not to worry though - she doesn't like being dirty! I think that's what makes it easier for me to let her have at it!

Sandra said...

That picture of her looking into the mirror is hilarious!!!